Thursday, February 08, 2007

Falling in love

I just talked to my aunt Jamie- the one who is arranging my marriage. I'm going to Malad on Saturday to have the date of the century. I called Jamie to tell her that I would be there at about six o'clock. Her response was: "What?? We were expecting you a lot earlier than that. Don't you know that you can't fall in love on a short date? It takes long dates!!" I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into. She eventually made me agree to be there by five- which was still later than she was planning for. I guess when you live 4 hours apart it takes long dates to fall in love.
A friend recently told me that blind dates are for the birds. I'm afraid she might be right.

1 comment:

daniel.perry said...

I think that blind dates are good for you. They'll help you get ready for all those arranged marriages in Egypt. :)