Wednesday, January 31, 2007

blind dates

My aunt Jamie, who is one of the funniest people I know, has been working very hard to arrange a marriage between her nephew (me) and her niece ( who is not my cousin). This situation officially became scary when my aunt left me a voice-mail that said something like: "Zac, you better be excited cuz I've got your wife picked out." Well, it looks like things are starting to come together and we are actually going to meet sometime in February. She lives in Rexburg, ID and, of course, I live in Salt Lake, about 4 hours apart, so we're going to meet in the middle in the thriving metropolis of Malad (which is French for disease or something) to prepare for the rest of eternity. I guess we're going to double with my un-cousin's sister, who happens to be engaged. This somewhat reminds me of the last blind date I went on. On that particular date we doubled with the girl's cousin and her date. For most of the date, the two cousins talked about family stuff that didn't make any sense to me- it was actually one of the only dates that I've been on that I couldn't wait to end. The girls name was Bret, which is my Dad's name (and my middle name), which is weird. I was really tempted to tell her that she had the same name as my Dad, but I never got the nerve. I actually regret that now. Well, I guess I'll see how this next shot at blind dating works out. At least I know that she doesn't have the same name as my Dad- but being my Aunt's niece is still kind of strange.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh zac. i thought this entry was like.. important and i thought it was gonna be about steven.

i know u like to go to the library because u get to spend time with him. JHAHAHHAHAHA.

one of my "friends" in woods cross brought a blanket to school today. i think i should do the same thing. what do u think?

-rach

i'vebeenflimped said...

So are you "anonymous" or are you "rach"? And I don't think I have ever heard anyone laugh like JHAHAHHAHAHA. You will have to demonstrate sometime.
Go ahead, take a blanket to school. Blankets are good- they provide warmth and comfort- two things that are hard to get at Utah schools. So if its socially acceptable to take them to school then go for it.

Anonymous said...

u know what zac. i would love to demonstramte my JAHAHAHAHHAHA laugh. k?!?

so today the boiler at woods cross broke. and so now im sitting here freezing my booty off. i really should have brought a blanket today.



better yet.. a malong...
a filipino sarong.
and i will wear a bathrobe with a towel on my head too.
now.. that's hot. right?
-rachel