Saturday, December 04, 2010

Traces

The other night we saw "Traces" from the Seven Fingers- a circus company based out of Montreal. The show was stunning to say the least. It featured seven artists performing some of the craziest acrobatics I've ever seen. I was sitting next to Jackie Burns, who plays Elphaba in the national tour of Wicked, and amazes audiences nightly by how powerfully she sings "Defying Gravity." She was so blown away by "Traces" that after the show she said, "I don't even feel talented anymore." If you get a chance to see "Traces" or any other show by the Seven Fingers, do! Oh, and just for fun, I posted a video clip of Jackie singing "Defying Gravity" at the bottom of the post- decide for yourself who's more talented. The audio is terrible and you can barely see Jackie, but I think its good enough to gauge her talent.




No comments: