Saturday, December 04, 2010

Is that a duck?

This is the building that is directly across the street from our apartment:


A couple of days ago, Napoleon and I were noticing how the awnings look like tire tread when Napoleon said, "Is that a duck?" It took me a second to figure out what he was talking about, but then I saw it too:

I said, "Yes, that is a duck. A dead duck." I pulled out my camera to take a picture and as I was zooming in I noticed another dead duck just above that one:


In the first picture above you can see both of these ducks on the left awning and just above it. I don't know why these ducks were flying through downtown Chicago, what killed them, or how long their bodies have been lying there, but I can't help but feel a little sad for them.

1 comment:

sarahflib said...

That is sad. Last spring Madeline was in love with two ducks who would randomly visit our apartment complex in the middle of Provo. Lots of city streets and nowhere normal for a duck to live. They ended up getting hit by a car right in front of our place and I felt awful that I had simply let them run around instead of calling animal control . . .