Sunday, August 03, 2008

scrambled french toast

This morning I woke up craving French toast, but wasn't really looking forward to waiting for each piece of toast to cook, and getting my hands all eggy from dipping the bread. Then I had this really great idea- just scramble the French toast. It makes cooking eggs a hell of a lot easier so I imagined it should work with French toast as well. I tore up 5 slices of whole wheat bread, cracked 4 eggs over it, and poured in some milk. I stirred it around with a spoon (which saved me from having eggy hands) and dumped it into a frying pan coated with melted butter. I cooked it just like I would scrambled eggs and ate it with maple syrup. The whole process only took about 10 minutes and I never once had to dip my hands into a bowl of eggs. Superb. Now, I am aware that I should probably refrain from eating anything with cholesterol in it until Christmas next year, but I think that the whole wheat bread must make up for some of that somewhere.

1 comment:

Allison Fife said...

genious! i'll have to try this next time i'm craving french toast!