Tuesday, August 12, 2008

buddy

One of the gaurds at the jail called me "buddy" the other day. It was very strange. Buddy is a name that's appropriate for nephews or your best friend's kid brother, but not so much for grown men at work who you don't really know. Apparently, though, I don't really look much like a grown man (despite being 6 foot 3 inches tall). Today at work I mentioned that I'll be starting school on the 25th and one of my coworkers asked if I'll be in the 8th grade. Maybe I'll grow a beard- that should make me look older (and uglier I suppose).
Anyway, I kind of like it when the lady at Jonie's Deli (I think her name is Jonie) calls me "hun". I guess it's kind of endearing. But you know, I probably wouldn't care if she called me "buddy" either. However, I think I would care a LOT if the jail guard called me "hun" (this particular guard, anyway). Maybe the name isn't as important as the name giver.
By the way, Jonie (the one at Jonie's Deli) makes the best garlic cheese burgers in the entire world.

No comments: