Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Stealing Cookies

The other night while I was hanging out in the break room at the jail, one of my coworkers pointed out to me that there was a loose cookie in the vending machine. She also mentioned that there had been a loose Hershey bar too, but it had somehow managed to fall and she picked it up. She recommended that, if I were to give the vending machine a big shove, I may end up just as lucky as she. Well, at first I was hesitant- I've never stolen anything from a vending machine- and the fact that I was in the jail made it seem even more daring. I decided, though, that I wasn't really stealing- obviously somebody had paid for it, or it wouldn't be dangling there waiting to fall. I gave the vending machine a big shove (actually it more like two or three- it was a really heavy vending machine) and let it fall back to the ground. Then I ate my cookie in front of a class full of inmates (I would have loved to share but that is very much against jail rules).

No comments: