Wednesday, March 28, 2007

spring break



Last week was spring break. Highlights included:
-Soaking up UV rays at Lava Hot Springs. The water was too hot, but the sun was just right.
-Being asked by a Filipina (who is about as dark as is humanly possible without being a native African) if she had gotten any tanner.
-Accompanying Danny and his girlfriend to Arches National Park (yup, I was pretty much a loner).
-Listening to the mice howl at the moon.
-Hiking in the rain.
-Camping in the handicap spot.
-Chasing jack rabbits.
-Danny almost walking off the cliff.
-Chesterfried chicken.

5 comments:

daniel.perry said...

Alright, alright, I already feel guilty enough about this! I think that we should remember to mention that the original plan was to have a group of us at Arches, but that some out-of-our-control circumstances at the last minute changed it into a smaller group of people...
But, lets focus on the positive, like the Chester Fried Chicken! Chester Fried Chicken from Green River! With REALLY huge potato wedges! And an assortment of tasty dipping sauces.

caron said...

Zak, I'm serious about you coming and checking out my ward so you can blend with your roommates again. Could you handle a West Jordan Honey?

caron said...

PS, can you poke that one roomate of yours and tell him to blog again? That karoke entry is getting really boring. ( pretend I can spell, okay? thanks)

Anonymous said...

Being asked by a Filipina (who is about as dark as is humanly possible without being a native African) if she had gotten any tanner.

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA. that made my day. i hope cinds reads this HAHA

Anonymous said...

I'm very sad I missed this trip. I was thoroughly upset when I recieved your phone call while I was stuck in a traffic jam 4 miles from our Hoover Dam destination. And can you believe once we got there, nothing was free except looking over the edge of the dam. Nevada is a sick place. All they want is money. And I love Chesterfried Chicken. It would have been worth the trip just for that!