Saturday, October 21, 2006

DDR

I think I spent more money playing arcade games this week than I ever have in a given week. Actually, it was only one game- Dance Dance Revolution. I think I spent about $2. I've never really been into arcade games or electronic games of any kind until my friend Julia enticed me to start playing DDR with her at her apartment using a playstation and DDR pads. I slowly progressed from the beginner level to the light mode, and now I can even pass the standard mode sometimes. Well, last Friday after our Ramadan break the fast dinner (I will write about this in the future) we plopped a few quarters into the DDR machine at the Union arcade on the U campus and started stomping on a machine to the beat of techno music while flourescent pink and green lights lit up around our feet. We finally went public with our dancing/video game playing talent. I have heard that only Asians can really play DDR, but Julia and I are working hard to break that stereotype. We met at the Union once again on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday to play the game. Thursday we played for a couple hours on the playstation. DDR is a great game- its fun, its good excersize, and it involves music. It couldn't get any better. If you haven't tried it several times you should.

No comments: