Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Fondest Dreams

So its New Year's Eve and I am at the Holliday Inn in Ellensburg, Washington listening to the UB40 version of "I Got You Babe", wishing I had a "Babe", and writing a Blog. Pretty exciting, huh? Well, its more exciting than you think, because I've discovered that I have a really strange, superstitious side to me. I generally tend to not be superstitious at all, but for some reason fortune cookies really get to me. I actually believe them sometimes and that kind of scares me now that I think about it. Anyway, on September 28 I went to a friends wedding and got a fortune cookie. My fortune said "Your fondest dream will come true by the end of the year". I've spent the last few months trying to figure out what my fondest dream was so I would know what to look forward to. Well, there are now less than three hours left in the year and I still don't know whats going to happen. Its been very stressful. My dad had to go to Washington this weekend I was trying to decide whether or not I should go with him. I had three choices for the end of the year: I could stay in Idaho, go back to Salt Lake, or go to Washington with my dad. I had a hell of a time trying to figure out which place would be the most suitable for the realization of my fondest dream. I thought it would probably be best to go back to SLC, but then I thought that if its really supposed to happen it will happen regardless of where I am so now I'm in Washington. My mom called last night and made everything even weirder. She wanted to know if a Japanese guy had called me. Apparently someone had called my home in Idaho and wanted to talk to me. My mom said he sounded like he had a Japanese accent and he talked really quietly, but she didn't get any more information than that- she gave him my cell number and thought he would call me. This morning I woke up with all kinds of ideas of who this mystery caller was and how he could possibly be related to my fondest dream (don't interpret this wrong- my fondest dreams aren't necessarily romantic). I've spent the day in suspense and anticipation. Well, times running short and I'm starting to lose faith- I wonder if fortune cookies depend on faith. Maybe I'll learn not to trust fortune cookies so much. If anyone knows who the mystery caller is let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm...japanese guy connected to your fondest dream? Sounds kind of gay. =) Maybe focus on having fondest dream = female.

That is all.